A water gauge; a mark on the bank to gauge the rising of the water.

Ballentine's law dictionary. . 1998.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • aquagium — /akweyjiyam/ A canal, ditch, or water course running through marshy grounds. A mark or gauge placed in or on the banks of a running stream, to indicate the height of the water, was called aquagaugium …   Black's law dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.